Monday, January 25, 2010

Andre Bauer is Not Nice

In South Carolina, Lieutenant Governor Andre Bauer's campaign for the Republican nomination for Governor is getting some unwanted attention from the media, after a speech in which he compared people receiving government assistance to stray animals.

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better," he said.

His opponents have claimed that his remarks are un-Christian, but I think maybe Bauer has just been reading from the "Compassionate Conservative" version of the Bible. You know, the one where Jesus says, "I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink; and I would like to thank you, because otherwise how would I have ever learned my lesson?"

See? Andre Bauer is trying to help people -- BY NOT HELPING THEM AT ALL.

Maybe I've just fed way too many stray cats in my life, but I think that Andre Bauer might be a terrible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment